Recent Highway Safety Grant (STEP) Enforcement Activity Completed April 24
As previously publicized, the Baxter County Sheriff's Department recently participated in the two mobilizations under the National Highway Traffic Safety Agency's Highway Safety Grant funding. The two mobilizations were for DWI/DUI Enforcement and were conducted from March 11-20 and April 15-24, 2011.
The increased activity by officers working overtime under the grant funds resulted in the following grant-tracked enforcement activities:
• Two felony arrests including one recovery of a stolen vehicle,
• One citation for Failure to use a seat belt,
• Two arrests for Driving While Intoxicated,
• Three citations for Driving on a Suspended/Revoked license,
• Two citations for No Proof of Insurance,
• One misdemeanor arrest for Possession of a Controlled Substance.
Additional activity which is not tracked under the grant, included:
• Two arrests for Minor in Possession,
• One arrest for Public Intoxication.
This activity was the result of individual officers working a total of twenty-eight hours of voluntary overtime, during which they are restricted to conducting only traffic-related enforcement activities under the grant.
The STEP Grant Agency Coordinator is Baxter County Deputy, Sgt. Andy Bower.
Sheriff John Montgomery