VISITATION FOR JAIL INMATES WILL RESUME ON MONDAY, MAY 11th
Visitation for inmates at the Baxter County Detention Center, which had been previously suspended on March 13, 2020 as a precautionary health measure, will be reinstated beginning Monday, May 11, 2020.
In addition to all previous visitation rules and regulations already in existence, the following additional temporary regulations will be in place beginning Monday:
1. Only one (1) visitor at a time per inmate will be allowed.
2. No more than two (2) inmates at a time, with their respective visitor, will be allowed together in the visitation rooms in order that recommended distancing can be maintained.
3. No person under eighteen (18) years of age will be permitted to visit at this time.
4. Visitors will be required to wear protective masks.
5. In order to accommodate all visitors, visitation will commence at 9:00 AM on the normally designated visiting days, which will be two hours earlier than usual, and will cease at 6:00 PM.
6. There will be only a limited number of chairs placed in the inside lobby or waiting area in order to maintain recommended distancing between people. When these chairs are occupied, other persons waiting to visit will be required to wait outside the building or in their vehicles.
7. Visitors are to come inside the Detention Center lobby to register with jail staff and be placed on the waiting list in the order they have registered. Jail staff will take the temperature of persons registering. Any person with a fever or feeling ill will not be allowed to visit. Additional screening questions may also be asked of potential visitors. Those waiting to visit will be notified by jail staff when it is their turn to visit.
We will look at reinstating church services and rehabilitative services in the near future.
The health, safety, and welfare of our employees, inmates, and the public is very important to us, which is why these additional regulations have been put in place. These temporary measures may be modified or adjusted without prior notice if circumstances warrant it. They will be rescinded when it is deemed appropriate to do so.
/s/ John F. Montgomery,
Baxter County Sheriff