SHERIFF'S OFFICE SEEKING RESERVE DEPUTY APPLICANTS
The Sheriff's Office is accepting applications for the position of Reserve Deputy Sheriff. These are unpaid, volunteer positions.
Applicants must be able to meet all minimum standards requirements for law enforcement officers as established by the Arkansas Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Training (CLEST). These standards include, but are not limited to:
* Being a citizen of the United States.
* Having a valid Arkansas Driver License.
* Passing a physical examination.
* Passing a psychological evaluation by a psychiatrist or psychologist.
* Being free of any pleas of guilty, nolo contendere, or convictions for a felony offense as classified in any jurisdiction, including any cases or charges that were given deferred adjudication, taken under advisement, sealed, expunged, or otherwise held in abeyance.
* Passing a thorough background check.
Additional Sheriff's Office requirements include, but are not limited to:
* No convictions for drug or drug-related offenses of any kind.
* No driving while intoxicated offenses in the past ten years, and no underage DUI offenses in the past five years.
* No convictions for domestic battery or domestic assault.
* No active orders of protection, restraining orders, or no contact orders.
* Must reside in Baxter County.
* Complete all required training.
* Donate minimum of eight (8) hours of service each month to the Sheriff's Office.
Applications may be obtained from the Sheriff's Administration Offices during normal business hours and will be accepted through Wednesday, February 11th at 4:30 PM. Applications will be reviewed, and those applicants appearing to meet minimum requirements will be interviewed, and a determination later made as to whether or not the applicant will be accepted for a position.
Training classes (evening hours) are scheduled to commence on March 2nd. Uniforms and limited accessories are provided, however there will be significant monetary expense required by students for additional needed equipment, including obtaining a firearm of a suitable and approved type and leather gear.
Baxter County Sheriff's Office